Frequently Asked Questions - Teacher

TEACHERS - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Who should I talk to if I need general support?

If you need assistance or support from the Special Education Department, the person to contact is the Resource Specialist assigned to your school. See Department Staff Directory for school assignments and contact information.

What should I do if I need help designing a support plan for a student with behavior problems?

Make a referral to the Student Study Team or contact to the school psychologist assigned to your school. They can assist with you with students having behavior difficulties.

Who should I talk to if I need help writing an IEP?

Talk with the Program Specialist assigned to your school. Let them know what support and guidance you need. If you are new and would feel more comfortable with them attending your first few IEP meetings, invite the Program Specialist to attend after consulting their schedule.